powered by buySAFE
What does the Shopping Guarantee Seal mean?
buySAFE, Inc., in alliance with Dun & Bradstreet Corporation has created the D&B Shopping Guarantee program, powered by buySAFE ("Shopping Guarantee"). A merchant that uses the Shopping Guarantee is certified to be reliable and stable and enabled to provide the Shopping Guarantee program on their website. Wherever you see the D&B Shopping Guarantee, you can feel confident that you're visiting one of the best merchants on the web and that your purchase will be Guaranteed.
Who operates the D&B Shopping Guarantee program?
All operations of the D&B Shopping Guarantee, including sales, support and claims, are performed by buySAFE, and references to "us," "our" or "we" refer to solely to buySAFE and its subsidiaries. D&B and Dun & Bradstreet are registered trademarks of Dun & Bradstreet Corporation and licensed to buySAFE.
What is a Shopping Guarantee?
Shopping Guarantee merchants have partnered with buySAFE to provide their buyers with additional peace of mind on every purchase. When you buy from a Shopping Guarantee merchant, you receive - at no cost to you - a 30 day Shopping Guarantee with your purchase that includes the following benefits:
- $10,000 Identity Theft Protection. Comprehensive identity theft coverage to safeguard your personal information. Some restrictions apply.
- $1,000 Purchase Guarantee. Full 3rd party guarantee of your purchase terms of sale of up to $1,000 is provided. Some restrictions apply.
- $100 Lowest Price Guarantee. If the same store's published price drops, we'll pay you the difference, up to $100. Some restrictions apply.
NOTE: Some benefits may not be available from all stores. Refer to the store's website and click on the Shopping Guarantee Seal or check your guarantee confirmation to verify benefits details and availability.
To receive these benefits, your Shopping Guarantee must be authentic and valid. When making a benefit claim, you and/or the merchant may be required to provide more information in order to authenticate your Shopping Guarantee. All benefit claims must be made within thirty (30) days of the date of purchase in order to keep benefits, even if all the terms of sale are not yet fulfilled. Once a valid claim is made, coverage applies until the claim is resolved.
There is no additional cost for these benefits. This is not a subscription service, you will not be billed for this and there is nothing for you to cancel. The benefit expires 30 days from the date of purchase.
How do I activate my benefits?
You will need to save the Shopping Guarantee number, displayed on the order confirmation page of the merchant website immediately after your purchase. The Guarantee number is also included in the Certificate of Guarantee email sent to you following your purchase. Note, if you do not wish to receive the Certificate of Guarantee email, you may opt-out. You will need to register with the Shopping Guarantee before reporting a problem or claiming any of the benefits.
- The Identity Theft Protection benefit is not activated automatically: You need to register within 30 days of your eligible purchase. Visit here to register.
- The Purchase Guarantee is automatic. If you have a problem with your transaction within 30 days of your purchase, visit the Shopping Guarantee benefits page to make a benefit claim.
- For Lowest Price Guarantee benefit claims, if within 30 days of the date of your purchase you see the exact same product advertised on the same Shopping Guarantee merchant's website at a lower published retail price, you will receive a refund for the difference. Note: Items purchased through specific promotions, bundling arrangements, or coupons are not eligible for the Lowest Price Guarantee. See our terms for the full eligibility condition.
The following terms apply to the Shopping Guarantee benefits:
30 day Identity Theft Protection
30 day Identity Theft Protection terms:
Each time you receive a Shopping Guarantee, when purchasing from a Shopping Guarantee merchant, you automatically receive complimentary Identity Theft Protection benefits for 30 days. You can receive this additional benefit only once in any 30 day period. U.S.-based shoppers only are eligible for these benefits. If you received a Shopping Guarantee, you must be a registered Shopping Guarantee user to be eligible for this benefit and your Shopping Guarantee must be fully valid.
Identity Theft Protection benefits:
LIVE RESTORATION SERVICES
If you become a victim of identity theft, you are assigned a dedicated ID Recovery Specialist who assists to restore your name and credit as quickly as possible.
Your ID Recovery Specialist:
- Helps secure a 3-in-1 credit report from the three national credit repositories (Experian, Equifax and TransUnion), performs continuous credit monitoring until an "all clear" is obtained
- Thoroughly manages the complex restoration process
- Helps prepare needed documents on your behalf, including FTC affidavits and dispute letters
- Acts on your behalf with creditors and relevant agencies
- Sends fraud alert notifications to all three national credit repositories, the Social Security Administration, FTC, US Postal Service, affected credit card companies, financial institutions, and more!
You have two options with the dedicated identity restoration resources. Without additional cost, you can select the option that is best for you. The Enhanced Restoration Option requires that you sign a Limited Power of Attorney. If you prefer not to provide a Limited Power of Attorney, you are still entitled to the Basic Counseling Services that provide you with the information you will need to take action independently.
$10,000 FINANCIAL REIMBURSEMENT
Reimbursement up to $10,000. Financial reimbursements are made with no deductible. These expense reimbursement benefits provide for costs attributed to identity fraud, embezzlement, theft, data breach and stolen identity event or forgery, and cover expenses such as:
- Attorney fees incurred for defending suits brought by merchants and their collection agencies
- Removing criminal or civil judgments
- Disputing information in a credit report
- Lost base wages (limited within 12 months after discovery of an identity fraud)
- Time off from work to handle the fraud, including wrongful incarceration
- Loan re-application fees when identity theft causes original loan applications to be rejected
- Notary and certified mailing charges for completing or delivering affidavits and related documents.
Financial Reimbursement is underwritten by American Bankers Insurance Company of Florida, in Minnesota by American Security Insurance Company pursuant to an identity fraud blanket or group policy issued to Consumer Assist Network Association, Inc. American Bankers Insurance Company of Florida, American Security Insurance Company and Consumer Assist Network Association, Inc. are all Assurant Specialty Property companies.
During the 30 day eligibility period, you can activate this benefit at any time by accessing the Shopping Guarantee Dashboard (You will be required to create a Shopping Guarantee account to claim this benefit.)
Purchase Guarantee terms:
The Purchase Guarantee ensures that if the merchant does not perform according to its terms of sale, and you (the buyer) Report a Problem Transaction within 30 days from the date of purchase, and, after exhausting the Dispute Resolution Process via Report a Problem Transaction (Available in your Shopping Guarantee Dashboard), there is no resolution, then we will, in our discretion, make a determination as to whether the terms of sale were fulfilled. If the claim is resolved in your (the buyer's) favor, we will reimburse you (the customer) the amount of the direct loss, not to exceed $1,000.
The following terms apply to the $1,000 Purchase Guarantee:
- The terms of sale, as stated on the merchant's website, are guaranteed for the full value of your purchase (excluding shipping & handling and taxes) and up to a maximum of $1,000.
- You must be the buyer in this transaction.
- You must complete the Report a Problem Transaction form within 30 days of the close of your Shopping Guarantee transaction to initiate online dispute resolution. You may be asked to register in order to Report a Problem Transaction. The Purchase Guarantee is null and void for any problem transactions reported after 30 days from your date of purchase. All Reported Problems must be made in English.
- Your acceptance of the item(s) purchased terminates the Purchase Guarantee, unless defect was not discoverable or known at the time of acceptance, but in no circumstances will the Purchase Guarantee extend beyond 30 days from the purchase date.
- You have no rights under this Purchase Guarantee if:
- The merchant who is party to your transaction, satisfies the terms of sale of your purchase;
- The merchant who is party to your transaction, indemnifies and holds you harmless for an amount equal to or greater than the amount of the Purchase Guarantee, from all direct cost and damage incurred by reason of merchant's failure to satisfy the terms of sale;
- You have not met the terms of the transaction contract, including making full payment; or
- Your purchase of the item must not violate any and all applicable governing laws and regulations.
- The Purchase Guarantee will not respond, under any circumstances, for any damages related to any of the following:
- Damages in excess of the purchase price (excluding shipping & handling and taxes);
- Express, implied or statutory product warranties or product guarantees of any kind, including but not limited to implied warranties of merchantability, and fitness for a particular purpose;
- Special, incidental or consequential damages including punitive damages; and
- Diminution in value of the item.
- Any litigation related to the Purchase Guarantee provided must be commenced within one year from the purchase date, except where the applicable period of limitation required by law is longer, then such period shall be the shortest allowable by law.
We reserve the right to require more information from you and/or the merchant to authenticate and process your purchase guarantee claim.
Lowest Price Guarantee
Lowest Price Guarantee terms:
What is the Lowest Price Guarantee?
If within 30 days of the date you purchase a product from a Shopping Guarantee merchant, you see the exact same product advertised on the same merchant's website at a lower published retail price, we will refund you the difference. It's that simple! Please check the eligibility rules and conditions below before making a claim.
NOTE: Items purchased through a bundling arrangement, specific promotion, or coupon are not eligible for the Lowest Price Guarantee.
To get paid for the published retail price difference, send your Shopping Guarantee number, your order confirmation email and a proof of the lower price advertised on the website, and we will send you a check for the price difference (See more details for claim process below). Some terms and conditions apply, see below.
Each time you purchase from a Shopping Guarantee merchant, you automatically receive the Lowest Price Guarantee benefits for 30 days. You must keep your guarantee number (displayed in the order confirmation page of the merchant website immediately after your purchase and on the Shopping Guarantee Certificate of Guarantee email typically sent shortly after your purchase).
NOTE: This benefit may not be available from all stores. Refer to the store’s website and click on the Shopping Guarantee Seal or check your guarantee confirmation to verify the Lowest Price Guarantee benefit details and availability.
You can claim a Lowest Price Guarantee benefit at any time within 30 days of your purchase, if the published retail price of the item you purchased has dropped.
For a claim to be valid, the Shopping Guarantee must be valid and you must be a registered Shopping Guarantee user (Click here to register with buySAFE). A claim must include the following:
All claims must be made by sending an email to CustomerSupport@dnbshoppingguarantee.com. Our staff will verify your claim within 2 working days. We reserve the right to contact you and the merchant in order to get more information.
LOWEST PRICE GUARANTEE - TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- You (the buyer) must meet eligibility requirements: Each time you (the buyer) receives a Guarantee when purchasing from a Shopping Guarantee merchant, you automatically receive the Lowest Price Guarantee benefits for 30 days (NOTE: This benefit may not be available from all stores. Refer to the store’s website and click on the Dun & Bradstreet Shopping Guarantee Seal or check your guarantee confirmation to verify the Lowest Price Guarantee benefit details and availability). You must keep the guarantee number displayed in the order confirmation page of the merchant website. You can claim a Lowest Price Guarantee benefit at any time within 30 days of your purchase if the published retail price of the item you purchased has dropped. For a claim to be valid, the Shopping Guarantee must be valid and you must be a registered Shopping Guarantee user (Click here to register).
- You (the buyer) must make a claim following the instructions above in "CLAIM". We will review such claim for completeness and legitimacy, and, if approved, will make payment directly to you.
- Lowest Price Guarantee, when included with the Shopping Guarantee you receive, is available only as follows:
- For a claim greater than $5, up to $100 per transaction and up to a maximum of $200 per claimant in any twelve-month period;
- Only the purchaser of the original item, to whom the Shopping Guarantee certificate of guarantee was provided at the time of sale, may submit a claim;
- Claimant must register in order to submit a claim;
- The claim must be filed within 30 days of the original date of purchase;
- The price reduction that is the subject of the claim must pertain to the same item SKU being offered for sale on the same merchant's website, on the same merchant terms and conditions;
- The Lowest Price Guarantee will not apply to any item purchased for which a volume discount, a coupon, a bundling arrangement (eg: two-for-one), a customer rebate, an inventory liquidation, "Closeout Sale", "going out of business", "free offer", "CyberMonday", "Deal of the Day" promotion or other similar special promotional pricing mechanism is applied to the original purchase;
- Shipping, handling, taxes, surcharges, and any other similar fees will be excluded from determination of any claim;
- No claims may arise from a currency fluctuation; all claims will be reviewed in US dollar terms as priced on the merchant website;
- The Lowest Price Guarantee will not apply to partial, incomplete or cancelled orders, or to any order that is otherwise disputed by either party;
- Items not eligible for a Lowest Price Guarantee are: one-of-a kind items (including antiques, artwork, rare coins and furs); limited edition items; going-out-of-business sale items; services and additional costs (such as installation charges, warranties, shipping, or memberships); used, altered, rebuilt and refurbished items; custom-built items; land and buildings; negotiable instruments (such as promissory notes, stamps and travelers checks); items provided under a leasing arrangement, cash and its equivalent. Normally, items that do not have a standard SKU will not be eligible for Price Guarantee;
- For ticket purchases, such as sporting events, shows, concerts, etc., the price reduction subject to claim must be for the same; date and time, show, venue, quantity of tickets and section. Seats must be in the same section and in the same row or lower;
- We will be the final arbiter of all claims under the Lowest Price Guarantee, and all claim determinations will be final.